One of the most well-known and trusted dentists in California, Dr. Douglas Martin has practiced dentistry in Stockton since 1975. With the ability to solve the simplest to most complex dental reconstructions, our board-certified implant dentist specializes in implant services for patients throughout the Sacramento, Modesto, Lodi, Manteca and Stockton areas. To ensure the comfort of our patients, we can perform care with all forms of conscious sedation and have done so since 1975.
With over 25 dental implant systems available, Dr. Doug is able to provide implants for various restorative dental needs and for almost any budget. If you have been told that you are not a candidate for implants because of bone loss, or that implants are over your budget, please call us for a second opinion. We have an implant solution for any condition of bone and most budget demands.
Dr. Douglas Martin graduated from the University of California in 1973 and served as an assistant clinical professor in the university’s prosthetics department in the late 1970s. From 1975 to 1983, Dr. Doug placed more than 600 dental implants at his Stockton dental practice. With this base of knowledge and experience, he decided to focus on implants, and in 1984, he began associations and training with:
- The Misch Resnik Implant Institute, Loma Linda (graduate of advanced implantology)
- Implant dentist Dr. Bob James
- The Tatum Institute
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- The International College of Implantology
- The Pacific Implant Center
- UC San Francisco Implant Maxi courses
- Academy for Implants and Transplants
- The Indian Society of Oral Implantologists
- The American Dental Society of Europe
To become and remain a leading implant dentist in multimodal implantology, Dr. Douglas Martin has completed more than 1,600 hours of continuing education in implantology. For 32 years, Dr. Doug has devoted himself to learning more about dental implant systems. He has studied every type of technology available to the advanced implant dentist. He has been trained and tested in all of the implant systems described on this site, with the exception of the obsolete transosteal implant system. Using the implant systems in which we have expertise, there is no case which we cannot complete, usually without bone grafting prior to placing implants.
Other Professional Associations:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology
- Fellow of the International College of Implantology
- Master of the Academy of Implants and Transplants
- Member Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- California Dental Association Life Member
- American Dental Association® Life Member
- San Joaquin Dental Society Life Member
- Researcher at the University of Alabama on the long-time survival of HA coated CoCrMo
- Examiner for the Dental Board of California for IV sedation licenses
Dr. Doug has taught implant dentistry since the mid-eighties, working closely with Dr. Larry Lum, the University of California Maxi courses and several post-graduate courses and study clubs. He also conducts ongoing research on custom-made HA coated CoCrMo implants in conjunction with the University of Alabama’s Department of Biomaterials. Dr. Doug has also worked on the design for a number of dental implant systems and is currently a partner with Quantum™ Dental Implants.
Not only is Dr. Doug involved in all facets of implant dentistry, but he also has an interest in sedation dentistry. He is currently an examiner for the California State Board of Dental Examiners conscious sedation section. Dr. Doug has also taken and taught numerous dental hypnosis courses from the 1970s through the 1990s.
A Personal Glimpse
Dr. Doug has been married to his wife, Wanda, for over 53 years. They have six children, including Drs. Dax Martin, Sky Martin, and Ian Martin Esq. His son Wes Martin is a building contractor, and Dr. Doug has two daughters, Kim and Vicki. In addition, they have five granddaughters. Dr. Doug is a life member of a number of organizations, including the National Audubon Society, The Nature Conservancy, the Ed Stewart Post of the American Legion, the Firth of Forth Clan of the Royal Order of Scotland, The National Sojourners and the National Rifle Association. In addition, he is a member of a number of other social and community service organizations.
One visit with Dr. Doug and you will realize he is honest and trustworthy. His primary focus is to help people get the care they need. Contact our skilled and caring implant team to learn more about how Dr. Douglas Martin can treat your dental needs.